Do not

This Blog is yours Maacheee... Yesterday... Today... Tommorrow and for ever...

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Long Distance Relations


I pray no one suffers this paradox in life.

I can not authoritatively say that people who live together shall not have such pain in life. I watch in mute envy when I see a pair cuddling each other mumbling sweet nothings.

I am never blessed with any relations that close in terms of distance. It’s either a cruel coincidence or a stark reality. I am not attractive to look and neither carries “First Impression” kind of qualities. Above this I am a pathetically shy guy when it comes to true emotions with opposite sex.

If I get fascinated with a girl all I will do is look away from her. Hence it really was hard for me to win anyone’s heart by choice or by fluke. I later discovered that I have some innate talent in internet chat and made lots of friends.

I found this girl on net. It was a wonderful experience not just to try finding excuses to tack to each other but to impatiently wait for the next possible event find such an opportunity. I hopelessly have fallen in love with her.

Then I could no more waste time on uncertainties. I traveled almost 1000 kilometers to meet her in real. When I met her… Ohh my god… I again looked away…

She is so graceful, majestic and endearingly pretty. It was the most awkward and embarrassing moment in my life where I screamed at my own happiness as my heart banged harder not staying at its assigned place but it ran in every possible direction till it hit all ribs of my rib cage.

I was on cloud nine till those few days I stayed with her. A few hours every day when ever she could sneak away from her scheduled events… and we shared so many sweet whispers and… as all good moments zap past us… we too had to part.

I came back to my place and we were in touch with secondary means. By mail, chat and telephone calls. I met her two more times in the intervals of 4 months and another time that was my last time… for only 10 minutes. It’s been three years now we did not meet ever again.

We talk everyday. Every morning we open our eyes to each other though we are no more near. We close our eyes at night in emotions ranging from warmth to red hot fury, complacency to congeniality and choked throat to brimming tears.

Long distance relations are not for everyone. They need maniac obsession and unwavering faith towards what one believes in. one must be aware when hearts getting arid and how to mellow it sprinkling tears now and then. One must get deeper in to the other’s soul to seek silence and gloom and wipe premonitions that always try to invade. One must be so trusting towards the other lest not doubt creep in to crumble what ever faith constructed so far.

Many a times I read in help columns that long distance relations survive not. I am not sure if I owed to prove them wrong or discovering that they are actually wrong. My own obstinacy is scaling walls of sanity as seen by reality. She is on shaky ground as life is blooming before her in colors that were seen not before. It’s egoistic of me to not to let someone run wide and wild in to the freedom that appeared before them.

Some times when I go to sea shore on Sundays I watch toddlers discover a new world before them. They giggle and run wild caring not for their parents or their own safety. Some parents watch them with pride adorning their faces and some squirm in fear and run after them to break the toddler’s stride. I watch all this in pensive stares and wonder if this is the atrocity I am committing towards her when she started discovering her own identity.

One of my angels referred something written in Harry Potter book. I never am interested in Harry Potter. I am more a Matrix and LOTR series man. That those elders passed the phase of childhood to understand it better and yet refuse to let children enjoy it. And children are miserably cornered in their own evolvement as every step is monitored.

I am unable to understand the career part that dominates in life. Sure it’s a lubricant that makes the cogs move smoother. But do we need to go beyond our real objectives in making our loved ones happy and provide them with measurable luxuries and feel complacent about it??? I refuse to think in those lines and hence I am available when someone’s heart needs me but definitely not a good choice if someone looks at me with a glint of hope and objectivism.

But the world is moving towards pleasure sensed by head and heart is pushed on back burner till… one gets burnt by life. I watch this trend in many people right within my vicinity and ask me my own wisdom in being reclusive towards what’s immediately available to me.

I am not yet losing faith on what I adore. My journey may end with no companions at the end of road but I carry every minute memory that blessed my heart till I sleep in content and forever.

I do not believe that long distance relations work not…

All you need is faith in your heart and smile on your lips….



No comments: